Editorial Project Management
- Managing titles from copy delivery through to final publication.
- Copy-editing and proofreading.
- Author relationship management.
- Co-ordination of freelancers.
- Educational, business and legal publishing.
- Wide-ranging CMS expertise.
- Intranet and website project management experience.
- Front-end coding (HTML, CSS) and XML skills.
- Information architecture and taxonomy design.
- Web content creation and strategy.
- A final pre-publication quality check (comparing to proofs or reading 'blind').
- Checking for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Checking for clarity, consistency, appropriate language usage and paragraph structure.
- I can mark content for amendment on screen or on paper, using the track changes function in Word or the BSI proofreading symbols (depending on your preference).
- I've worked on a number of legal titles for Sweet & Maxwell (Thomson Reuters).
- Frontlist, looseleaf and online (XML) publications.
- Validation of cases using Westlaw UK.
- Titles managed include the Encyclopedia of Housing Law and Practice. Arden and Partington Housing Law, Copyright and Design Law, the Trade Mark Handbook, CIPA Guide to the Patents Act and Social Security Legislation Vol.4.
- Development of engaging content for web or print publication.
- Business reports and internal communciations content.
- Adherence to house style, tone of voice and brand guidelines.
- Image production and editing.
- Non-fiction projects.
- Qualitative research tailored to meet your individual requirements e.g. competitor analysis.
- Literature and resource reviews.
- Project management, data analysis and production of reports.
- Efficient information management.
Please do get in touch if you would like to discuss collaboration on a project.